
Rewind several years:
Ian and I were having some Bowen Therapy treatment done on a fairly regular basis. One of those evenings left me slightly perplexed - not in a bad way, just...it was unusual at the time! The Bowen practitioner we were seeing also performs and teaches Reiki at other times. There was some conversation around the subject, although I don't remember exactly what was being said (because I have a basically non-existent memory!), but one single, solitary sentence the Bowen practitioner said stuck in my mind and, at the time, struck me as a somewhat random comment. He said "I'll teach you Reiki one day, Stacey". At the time, he was about to be doing a class soon and, although I thought to myself "Yeah, I guess that'd be cool" I didn't really jump in and say "Yeah, I'd love to do that!!!", so his comment just seemed a little...left of centre.
Anyway, as time went on that simple sentence said in seemingly casual conversation had stuck in the back of my mind and every now and then it made it's way to the forefront of my mind, if only for a moment, as if just to give me a gentle nudge to remind me that it was hiding back there! Now, about halfway through 2012 I started to seriously question my life and the direction it was going in. Whenever I spent time in contemplation over it, I would always end up at the same conclusion - I just didn't feel as though I was doing anything meaningful with my life. Wanting to be of meaningful, loving assistance to others and being able to share something really special with other people is what is at the very core of me, but this is something I have only slowly realised over a period of time - kind of like it has been a sub-conscious thought building up into a fully conscious one.
At that time when I started to question myself and what I wanted to do about it, my little friend "the Reiki thought" would pop straight into my mind - feeling more and more like it was just waiting patiently around a corner until I turned to find it. Well, me being human and doing the ego-based thing, came up with all the reasons why not to pursue that and talked myself out of it, putting that thought safely back in it's hiding place. However, towards the end of 2012 that became a little harder to do - I started to contemplate it more and more. Having still not done anything about it, when I did my 2013 card reading that night at the very end of December, I knew once and for all that Reiki would be the path at the crossroads in which I was destined to head down...and I also knew without a doubt that it's what I wanted too!
And the reason? Well, the card I drew actually specifically mentioned Reiki - in that very last paragraph from the booklet description!
I find it delightfully amusing that this Reiki seed had been planted in my mind by the Bowen practitioner, it's slow-growing roots gently probing my mind over the years just waiting for the sun to shine through so that it could flower and shine in all it's brilliance until it became something I just could not ignore. And then, in the card reading, the true meaning (the one that would have the biggest impact on me) was saved right until the last paragraph - just like the thought I've had in my mind all these years :)
So, anyway, if you are still reading this I apologise for the length of this post, but I also thank you for sharing in the back story of why I will now be following a new direction in 2013. As it turns out, the teacher I am learning Reiki from (next month) is not actually the Bowen practitioner who told me he would teach me one day. It is, in fact, someone I absolutely trust, 100% honour and respect and whom I feel a special kind of connection with. And I am really looking forward to getting started with her.....♥
Love, light, blessings and fairy magic xo


0 comments:
Post a Comment