Tuna & Mushroom Enchiladas

15/04/2013
Since becoming a Pescitarian (almost a Vegetarian - I still eat fish), I am always on the hunt for yummy meals to keep things interesting.  I thought I would share one of my favourites here (a really easy one too!), mostly for something to do, but also because I haven't blogged in a while again and I do hate to neglect my poor old blog, so enjoy!!


TUNA & MUSHROOM ENCHILADAS

1 Tablespoon Oil
1 Small Onion, Chopped
175g Button Mushrooms, Sliced
425g Can Tuna (in brine or springwater), Drained
2 Cups Baby Spinach Leaves
520g Pack Old El Paso Enchilada Kit
3/4 Cup Grated Cheese

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.  Heat oil in frying pan, cook onion and mushrooms over medium heat for 3 minutes.  Stir in tuna, spinach and 1/2 the Enchilada Sauce.  Simmer for 2 minutes.
  2. Open Enchilada Tortilla pack, throw away freshness sachet. Microwave 8 Tortillas in pouch on HIGH/850 WATT/100% power for 50 seconds*.
  3. Spoon tuna mixture evenly along centre of each Tortilla.  Roll and place seam side down onto a lightly greased baking dish. Spoon remaining Enchilada Sauce along centre of Tortillas, top with cheese.  Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese melts and Tortillas are golden brown.

Serves 4 (makes 8 Enchiladas)


*I don't particularly like to do this step in the way it's mentioned - I'm funny about microwaving food inside plastic, so I just take the Tortillas out, lay them on a plate, cover with paper towel and heat for 50 seconds instead - works perfectly fine!


Love, light, blessings and fairy magic xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment