![]() |
| Borrowed from berniespaintings.com |
Yesterday, Ian and I headed to the forest for a walk with our doggy, Jasper. It seemed as though the forest was calling to me that morning, so when I mentioned to Ian how nice it would be to go there AND he agreed, well, that was a good start ;)
Once we arrived and started heading down the main path I just knew that was where I needed to be - this is what I was seeing: the beautiful green of the pine trees flanking us on both sides; the contrast of the fallen, orange pine needles carpeting the path; the sun rays softly filtering through the trees; gorgeous monarch butterflies everywhere, flittering through the trees and crossing in front of us. To me, this is just a magical sight and coupled with the amazing scent of pine it's safe to say that the calming effect of this lovely forest was instant.
Thought: the natural scent of a pine tree is like no other - I have yet to smell a "replica" man-made pine scent that even comes close to it! I find that I will breathe in extra deeply when I'm in the presence of pine trees and even now as I type this I am remembering that heavenly aroma :)
We walked for quite some time - all the way up to the top of a hill, the view was lovely. Once there I felt compelled to sit on a moss-covered rock and as it so happened, once I did this Ian walked over yonder a bit - Jasper followed him. I took that moment of solitude to close my eyes...and I listened. I heard the heartbeat of the forest. I was as still and at peace in that moment as the forest was and if ever I felt at one with something it was right then, as it was whispering to me.
I felt so happy and free as we headed back, but the sense of inner calm was my most prominent sensation. If you read my previous post to this one, you would know I have been struggling lately. Thankfully, since writing that I have slowly been making my way back "to the light" again. What I now know without a doubt is that being amongst nature is incredibly nurturing for my soul and after yesterday's forest healing, I plan to spend more time connecting with our beautiful Mother Earth.
Love, light, blessings and fairy magic xo



0 comments:
Post a Comment