My Poor, Neglected Blog!

06/08/2012
Dear blog, how I have neglected you so!  I started out with such good intentions yet somewhere along the line those intentions went squarely by the wayside!!  I'm quite sure I can pinpoint when it happened - it was around the time I started to get a bit busier with my website work (this is my other beloved job apart from being a Zumba® Instructor).  The problem is, there seems to be this "thing" that happens to me when I am busier with my website work.  It's like I end up living and breathing codes and stylesheets and graphics and it's all I can think about day and night..and I can't wait for the next day when I can jump back infront of that monitor and carry on with it all over again - day in, day out! This is not altogether a good thing - here's why...

On the one hand, I am so very appreciative to have this work come my way - I love doing it and wouldn't change it for the world, but on the other hand I get so intensely engrossed in what I am doing that myself seems to take a back seat and get forgotten about.  Probably the most simple way I can explain this is that when I am so focused on something I forget to concentrate inwards, internally - I forget about my inner self and nurturing that inner self which is something I need to do daily, otherwise I slip too far off into the abyss!

Hmmm, and here I was thinking that was a simple way of explaining things - do I actually make any sense at all?  LOL!  At the end of the day, I experience a real detachment to my inner self and it takes quite some effort to get back there again.

The big question for me is how can I keep doing this thing that I love, but not lose myself in it at the same time?

Love, light, blessings and fairy magic xo


P.S.  My Daily Gratitude Ritual seems to have come to and end, but all I can say about that is I am still finding things to be grateful for every now and then, so I'm glad that I have had at least some sense of something other than what I have been staring at for the last few months on my computer screen - I suppose that means I haven't "lost it" entirely ;)

P.P.S  I'm also going to try to make a concerted effort with my blog once more ♥

2 comments:

Gypsy said...

We all go through stages like that...the thing is you bring yourself back into a connectedness, so I figure as long as you do that everything is fine..(which goes for us all), although it is better to have one foot at least always connected it is not always possible. i do not for love nor money understand codes and such but i do understand getting caught up in stuff...and i doubt very much that you have "lost it" so to speak..xxxx

Stacey said...

Thank you <3

Post a Comment