Evil Dessert

10/08/2012
A few weeks ago I decided that I would do something different in order to try and curb my sweet tooth.  I thought that if I made one luscious and delectable dessert every weekend it might stop me from eating sugary rubbish throughout the week - sort of like, giving me something to look forward to - a reward for being good!  So far, it's working out pretty well...unless my husband brings home a box of Maxibons (my number one favourite icecream) in which case my willpower dissolves in an instant - thank goodness he doesn't do that every week!!

Anyway, I thought I would share this recipe today.  It's for an evil dessert (evil, because of the high fat content) that tastes so wickedly good and is super easy to make.  Give it a try - I loved it!!!


WHITE CHOCOLATE AND RASPBERRY BREAD PUDDINGS
Preparation and cooking time: 1hour
Makes 6

3 small croissants
100g white eating chocolate, chopped coarsley (I used Cadbury Melts)
150g fresh or frozen raspberries
1 1/4 cups (310ml) milk
3/4 cup (180ml) cream
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs


  1. Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced.  Grease six-hole (3/4 cup/180ml) texas muffin pan; line each hole with two criss-crossed 5cm x 20cm strips of baking paper*.
  2. Split each croissant in half lengthways then tear each half into pieces.  Roughly line each pan hole with croissant pieces.  Sprinkle with chocolate and berries.
  3. Combine milk, cream, sugar and extract in small saucepan; bring to boil.  Whisk eggs in a large bowl; gradually whisk in hot milk mixture.  Pour custard into pan holes.
  4. Place pan in large baking dish; add enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of pan.  Bake about 35 minutes or until puddings are set.  Remove pan from dish; stand puddings 15 minutes.  Using baking paper strips, lift puddings from pan holes onto serving plates.  Serve dusted with a little sifted icing sugar*.

Nutritional count per pudding: 29.2g total fat (17.4g saturated fat); 1760kJ (421 cal); 29.7 carbohydrate; 9.6g protein; 2.1g fibre


*NOTE:  We don't have a texas muffin pan, so I used little ramekin-type things instead.  I just greased them up really well and when it was time to get them out, I ran a knife around the edge and tipped them upside down - they came right out in one piece.  We also had our puddings with vanilla icecream instead of dusted with icing sugar - it was ridiculously good!!




Love, light, blessings and fairy magic xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment