Connected

31/08/2012
This week I went into a store called Spellbound to look for a couple of things.  They have a box on the counter filled with cards (angel cards, oracle cards, tarot cards etc) wrapped in tissue paper for $1 each - it's like a "lucky dip" affirmation kind of thing.  I've chose from that box quite a number of times and I always receive a very relevant message.  Anyway, while I was making my purchase I told the woman I'd also include one of these cards.

As I always do, I stood still for a little bit to "zone in" on the card that would be most beneficial to me on that day, but I started to have some trouble in my choice.  As I was looking at them, my eyes started darting between two cards - one I felt drawn to, but there was another one stealing my attention as well and then the strangest thing happened....my vision went a bit funny - the cards appeared to be vibrating...like a mini earthquake right inside the box!

So, I ended up choosing the card that stole my attention away from my first, original choice.  Right off the bat I didn't feel a personal connection with it - I even placed it on the counter and didn't open it straight away, which is what I normally do with them.  I waited until I got back to my car before unwrapping the tissue paper to reveal what message lay inside and when I did, I was perplexed.  This card was not for me, that much I knew.  My very first thought was that it was, in actual fact, for my Mum.

Yesterday when Mum came over for our weekly day together, I was telling her about what had happened.  I won't go into all the reasons why, but without a doubt, the card was definitely for her!  Then we got to talking some more - Mum was telling me about a portion of her day on Wednesday (the same day I was in Spellbound) where she was thinking about me quite intently and, to cut a long story short, it seems the time period in which I was trying to pick a card and Mum having me in her thoughts was about the same!

I know that my Mum and I have a soul connection that reaches far beyond this life and there are many things that have happened over the years that leave us shaking our heads or laughing in amazement at that connection.  I'm happy to be able to offer Mum support through our connection with each other and I know with all my heart it is what I came here as her daughter to do for her, so with that being said I guess I'm just not shocked or surprised anymore when instances like these happen - it just IS and I wouldn't change it even if I could :)

By the way, yesterday I was in Spellbound again (with Mum) and bought another affirmation card. This time it was for me ;)

Love, light, blessings and fairy magic xo

2 comments:

Gypsy said...

It is absolutely wonderful that you can acknowledge that connection between you and your Mum..It has always been there and i was/am always drawn by that connection. It is impossible to sit with you both and not feel the strength that is there. The bond that is almost tangible at times. You are both truly blessed to have such a shared connection..<3

Stacey said...

♥ ♥ ♥

Post a Comment