
For a good while now I have had quite an obsession with Peacocks! I've always loved Peacocks for their stunningly vibrant colours and beautiful plumage, but just lately I have been physically searching them out online, google-imaging "Peacocks" and saving pictures of them to my desktop wallpaper and so on. A few weeks ago I was at The Rocking Horse in Gumeracha and was captivated by the presence of the peacocks that were there, roaming around the grounds.
Usually when I start to "obsess" over something I then have a strong desire/need to know why. Finally today, I decided to do some looking around the web and there are some interesting facts I discovered about them, but one I found most interesting was what leads me to wonder whether I may actually have a Peacock "animal spirit" or "power animal" with me at the moment....
10 Things I never knew about the lovely Peacock:
- Males are referred to as a "Peacock", females are referred to as a "Peahen" (am I the only one who didn't know this? LOL!)
- Peacock feathers are used as an aid in healing in Shamanic rituals as they are believed to have protective powers
- The Peacock is known as "The bird with one hundred eyes" (again, am I the only one not to have caught onto this?!!)
- Indias national bird is, you guessed it, the Peacock!
- In Ancient Lore, the Peacock represents fidelity, because if one loses a mate it either dies from grief or stays single for the remainder of its life
- If a Peacock is your "power animal" you would need to maintain your personal energy field as you may (as a general rule) be highly sensitive
- Peacocks are said to be able to foretell rain and will do a dance when rain is coming
- The Chinese believed that a Peacock could impregnate a woman with just a glance......really? Oh if only it were that easy!! ;)
- In Buddhism, Peacock feathers are used in purification ceremonies
- In Christianity, the Peacock symbolises death and resurrection
So, there are some interesting, some cool and some...slightly odd things about Peacocks that I now know.
Something which caught my eye in particular was this (and it's about what I mentioned above that makes me consider the possibility of a Peacock being my "power animal" right now):
*"The peacocks feathers are meaningful to those with this power animal, for they also have an association with resurrection, rising out of the ashes. They can help us shed the old feathers of the past and to take back the true beauty of our individuality. This increases self-respect and confidence."
The above paragraph pretty much explains what I have been going through for some while, so I kind of just thought if I put that together with my seemingly random obsession with Peacocks of late, that maybe, just maybe, I have a beautiful Peacock by my side.........
* Excerpt from www.shamanicjourney.com
Love, light, blessings and fairy magic xo
*"The peacocks feathers are meaningful to those with this power animal, for they also have an association with resurrection, rising out of the ashes. They can help us shed the old feathers of the past and to take back the true beauty of our individuality. This increases self-respect and confidence."
The above paragraph pretty much explains what I have been going through for some while, so I kind of just thought if I put that together with my seemingly random obsession with Peacocks of late, that maybe, just maybe, I have a beautiful Peacock by my side.........
* Excerpt from www.shamanicjourney.com
Love, light, blessings and fairy magic xo


2 comments:
Awesome Stace! I learned a lot from your post! Peacocks are SO very beautiful and on the rare occasions that I've seen them I too am in awe! : )
Yay Mel!! Hmmm, that reminds me - I think my "peacock obsession" started around the time I contacted you about making my beautiful hair flower with the peacock feather :)
Thank you for stopping by xxx
Post a Comment