Talking To Strangers

22/11/2011
I was in Billy Baxters Cafe earlier having lunch before my usual Tuesday grocery shop.  There were two women sitting over at the next table alongside mine - one of them caught my eye, because of her hair.  They were two older women (well, older than me anyway).  One of them had luscious, long, healthy-looking hair that was shining so beautifully in the light and I found myself casting glances here and there between bites of my stir-fry chicken wrap!

Eventually, I just couldn't contain myself any longer and I leaned over saying "Excuse me...(they turn and look at me)...I can't stand it anymore, I have to tell you that your hair is so beautiful!".  This is pretty much a typical thing that I will do, just so you know!

The woman whose hair I was complimenting looked surprised and delighted - thanking me, smiling and accepting the compliment graciously.   I then asked her if there is anything special she uses to get it looking so nice - which led on to a short conversation about what she does and so forth.

We all continued eating our lunch.  I was almost at the end of mine when this woman got up, came over to my table and asked if she could give me some pamphlets - it turns out she is a consultant for a health product that she says makes her feel "x" amount of years younger and so on.  I was interested and will be checking it out later!

We had a little bit more friendly conversation and when they got up to leave, I wished them a nice day - a few more pleasant, happy words were spoken and then they were gone.

Now on to the point of this post.....

I can't even begin to explain how much I love the uplifting feeling I get when I approach a "stranger" and I am met with such a warm and pleasant response.  After my short conversations with those two women I felt like I was shining inside and so full of beautiful, tingling energy - the feeling was unity.  Oneness.  I felt for sure I must have been glowing, lol!!

So, next time you're out and about, compliment a stranger or smile at someone you pass in the street - it will no doubt make them feel good*, but will have the same effect on you too!


Love, light, blessings and fairy magic xo


* (unless they are one of those people who think you are weird for even looking at them, in which case, maybe just walk a little faster and don't look back at them - ha ha)

2 comments:

Mina said...

You are so right. I love random convos with strangers!

Stacey said...

YES!! And sometimes you find that a random convo with a stranger actually leads you to a new experience or even something you might be needing at the time.....but alot of the time it's just cool connecting with different people ;)

Post a Comment