Freedom - free will and the ability to make choices
Freedom - personal liberty
Freedom - performing actions without restraint
Freedom - letting go
Freedom is such an amazing thing - it can mean so many different things to so many different people. It can usually be something that a lot of us take for granted, particularly those of us who have the freedom we desire.
For me, freedom means being able to be just who I am - to feel as though it's ok to be myself. To laugh when I feel like laughing, to cry when I need to and to express myself in any way I see fit. To be who I am there's a certain amount of freedom that others around me need to allow me to have, but a freedom within myself is also required - because I could not do any of those things if I did not give myself the permission to be free with my own personal expression and to just be me.
The tricky part is when others don't seem to give you the courtesy of allowing you your own freedom, because they are too preoccupied with their own - maybe even too busy beating you down or putting you in your place, so you feel stifled and unable to speak. They have the freedom to say and do as they please, but you - no. To not sacrifice your own freedom in order to please others is a bit of an art form in itself!
I guess at the end of the day, as long as you are at peace with yourself and who you are and are not afraid to be free then you are free and with any luck, encountering oppressive and freedom-stealing people will be easier to deal with ;)

Love, light, blessings and fairy magic xo


0 comments:
Post a Comment