A White Christmas

03/12/2011
Obviously there's no such thing as a "White Christmas" in Australia.  And it seems that no matter how many years of my life I have experienced Christmas in Australian summer conditions, I still yearn for and am in love with the notion of a white Christmas.  Even more bizarre is how I perceive Christmas in my mind, knowing full well it's the complete opposite to the ever present pictures in my head!  Confused?  Perhaps I should explain myself....


When I think of Christmas, this is what happens:

MY MIND
REALITY


Well, you get the idea!

So, with my mind full of snow at Christmas with big, woolly Christmas jumpers sitting around an open fire roasting chestnuts with carollers outside my door it begs the question - why?

When I see movies on tv with typical American Christmas scenes I always get this feeling of identification, as though I have at some point experienced the same kind of thing and am left with a residual longing for that very scenario.  There is no doubt in my mind that in at least one of my past lives I have had the pleasure of experiencing all of the above....and what a pleasure it must have been!!

Hot and bothersome Australian Christmases just don't do it for me, but of course, it's Christmas and my inner child always comes out to play regardless - you've got to make the best out of any situation that you possibly can, otherwise you just end up making your own life (and at times, the lives of others around you) an unhappy one.

No matter how much I long for those beautiful Christmas things swimming around in my head, I remain ever grateful for everyone and everything in my life at Christmas time and always.

But I'm fairly certain I will continue to dream................     ;)

Love, light, blessings and fairy magic xo


2 comments:

Mina said...

Oh I am right with you on this!!

xx

Stacey said...

THANK GOODNESS!! It's good to know I'm not the only one :)

Post a Comment